Barclays is cutting mortgage rates across its two and five-year fixed, low loan to value (LTV) range.
It is also launching a new Rate Switch product range.
Deals will include:
- Two-year fixed at 1.39%, 60% LTV (Purchase only)
- Two-year fixed at 1.43%, 60% LTV (Remortgage only)
- Two-year fixed at 1.43%, 60% LTV (Rate Switch exclusive)
- Two-year fixed at 1.69%, 75% LTV (Rate Switch exclusive)
- Two-year fixed at 1.79%, 60% LTV (Fee Free)
- Two-year fixed at 1.77%, 80% LTV
- Five-year fixed at 2.19%, 60% LTV
- Five-year fixed at 2.45%, 70% LTV
Craig Calder, director of mortgages at Barclays, said: “The Spring months are traditionally a period of increased house buying activity and we have introduced some new competitive low rates to meet customer demand.
“The two and five-year deals are significantly lower than the average market Standard Variable Rate (SVR) of 4.57%. They provide an opportunity for any homeowners who are either sitting on their lenders SVR or whose current fixed rate mortgage deal is coming to an end, to reduce their outgoings by fixing their monthly mortgage payments, and creating both savings and certainty.”