Legal & General Home Finance has introduced a series of ‘Setting the Foundations’ workshops for advisers newly qualified in equity release.
The events are aimed at providing them with the knowledge and confidence to start advising clients on lifetime mortgages.
Topics covered by the workshops include:
- Where to find prospective clients
- The considerations needed for an effective ‘fact find’
- How and where to source lifetime mortgage products
- The difference between underwriting for a residential mortgage and a lifetime mortgage
- The role of the conveyancer
- How to know your business is ready: a checklist to getting started
- How to register with lenders
- How to make a plan and take it forward
The next Setting the Foundations workshop will take place at Legal & General Home Finance’s office at Chadwick House, Solihull on Wednesday 25 September 2019.
There is limited availability and advisers interested in attending the workshop can register here.
These latest events are designed to follow the CII-led Equity Release Exam Workshops, which are running throughout 2019 and are designed to prepare advisers to pass the Level 3 Certificate in Equity Release.
After passing their exams, attendees can progress to the Setting the Foundations workshops to build their confidence and get the support they need to advise on their first cases.
Legal & General Home Finance is also hosting regular peer-to-peer forums for compliance professionals from adviser firms, led by chief risk officer Sally Clayton. These forums aim to address the risks and challenges associated with advising on lifetime mortgages and how businesses can overcome these issues.
The next forum in September is open for registrations.
Legal & General Home Finance is also conducting research to investigate adviser support programmes and the volumes of advisers who feel they need this support, with results due in July.